Friday, August 19, 2016

Kaschalot (2014)

EDIT 10/12

Its incredibly rare to come across such a completely focused group that is easily able to synthesize their influences in a way that is familiar but gives it enough of its own spin and has fun!

There are simply a high volume of groups trying to play in this same sandbox of energetic post-rock by way of math that consistently fail to impress in any meaningful way.

This is something that grabs you automatically and refuses to let you go until the very end.
I found myself going back.. over and over again to really understand what makes this so damn good.
Honestly... the rhythms are done in a way that are just different enough with melodies that can easily get trapped in your skull for days. I have easily listened to this release over 30 times since I stumbled upon these guys. Huge props on that alone as I rarely find myself pleading for more listens.


https://kaschalot.bandcamp.com/album/kaschalot


No comments:

Post a Comment