Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tara Jane O'Neil - In the Sun Lines


Let me make this quick. In honor of my birthday it's only fitting to post an album that means a lot to me.  I have to say I am woefully ignorant of any other releases of Tara Jane O'Neil but this does not make the gravity of "In the Sun Lines" any less. Completely played by herself, it is a very emotional and slow burning album. Don't let that fool you though this album musically is amazing.  Think slow core post rock but with a more direct sense. See the connection we are making here is that Tara is originally the bassist from a little band called Rodan. For those that are familiar know that they were a contemporary of Slint...albeit a lesser known one.  Just give it a chance you wont be sorry, trust me.

In the Sun Lines

No comments:

Post a Comment