Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Drunken Forest - EP (2013)

I'm not even 10% sure I know exactly how to start this. Baffling I know. This was posted fairly recently on the math rock reddit page for those wondering how I stumbled upon this.

So we have here the work of one individual that is very obviously in love with a wide range of music. The one thing that does run throughout is the obvious love of Math rock and its rhythms. Have to throw in the progressive tag in as well for the odd breaks and runs. What I appreciate most though is the sense of experimentation that runs throughout these pieces. From one moment to the next you will be genuinely surprised and delighted, and it takes a lot for me to say it and mean that. There's horn samples, Traditional spanish guitar breaks, straight up tech metal and the icing on the cake.... A Fensler Films GI Joe PSA. Be still my beating heart. LOVE THIS <3

No comments:

Post a Comment