Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sholi


I thought by now I would be able to introduce this band via their newest album as it's been 4 years now since their debut came out (or any other news on them) but I still find myself coming back to it many times over. Besides the impressive song writing on display here what immediately drew me to this band is the jazzy drumming of Jonathon Bafus. Ever present yet understated at all the right times they anchor the numerous dynamic and emotional shifts throughout the album. It's not going to get your blood pumping with intensity but take the time to play this album end to end and let it wash over you. I would love to check these guys live, they seem so effortless and playful.

RIYL: Dismemberment Plan, Shipping News, June of 44



BNDCMP

No comments:

Post a Comment