Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Slender Loris - World Tour (2013)






I have to say that I usually enjoy my lorises "slow", but after meeting this here Slender Loris my tune has changed. A three piece that employs speak/shout vox and some dirty punky guitars doesn't exactly smack of the math we love, but give this release a second and there is a lot to love, not too mention a couple twists. Jagged is the word I would use for these riffs for sure. In a lot of ways this reminds me of the fabulous No Means No and shoot, that's some high flying compliments. Early 90's vibes but not heavy to the point where I need a Crystal Pepsi. It took me a moment to grab hold of what these guys are doing, but thats my own fault truly and once you do I can promise that you'll be on board the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment