Friday, April 29, 2011

Yo La Tengo - I Can Hear the Heart Beating As One


This should not be a name unfamiliar to anyone. Yo La Tengo is certainly one of the most consistent Indie Rock groups of our time and has been together practically since indie rocks inception.  They are however their own group but with a sound that is nothing short of instantly accessible. With so many releases its hard to find a place to start.  I can safely say that any interested parties should pay attention to their 1997 album " I Can Hear the Heart Beating As One".  The slow burners here are crushing and the more distorted songs (featuring even a couple covers) mange to display some sort of impressive melancholic nature that are just as good. I have listened to many of their releases and I always come back to this one in particular.

I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One

No comments:

Post a Comment