Thursday, April 7, 2011

Talons - Hollow Realm


Im not sure why but these young gents from England took me a couple try's....not sure why it took me so long but now I cant seem to get their new release out of my head. This is almost a perfect marriage between post-hardcore and post-rock with the added benefit of some nice string work. As with many items in my musical library they do add some nice tapping math rock elements in for good measure as well. Rarely is there a dull moment here with every instrument pummeling their way through like some imaginary race, really some exciting stuff. Structure wise may just be the most impressive things about the group with some fairly inventive break downs (not to mention surprisingly brutal). Please everyone needs this now.

Hollow Realm

No comments:

Post a Comment