Saturday, June 4, 2011

Algernon Cadwallader - Parrot Flies


I'm going to say that the first time (and many other listens after) I did not get the big deal. The 90's emo revival is in heavy swing these days and what better band to ape than the many incarnations of the kinsella boy's projects especially Cap'n Jazz.  Just recently I've made my peace and found that i really do enjoy Algernon Cadwallader. The main difference's are the vocals and instrumentation which happen to have a better handle on being melodic when they need to be. Parrot Flies marks their newest release. Its emo indie rock with touches of angular guitars and scream sung vocals. There lo-fi approach is charming but honestly I feel like cleaning up things could really bump these kinds of bands in a more positive direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment