Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mugsy Boges - Sangfroid (2012)


Saratoga Springs NY based band that is holding down some really interesting jams here.
I say this because there are a lot of genres being bandied about. Indie rock, twinkly guitars, straight up math rock, alt rock and a spritz of pop punk for flavor. In spirit I kind of get a little bit of a Grown Up's vibe going and this can only mean good things. I appreciate the playing style here as it is pretty loose which isn't usually something I get totally down with. These guys are younger and its a first release but I say pretty dang darn stronger than a lot of first efforts. The vocals actually ended up surprising me in a good way on that second track. Worth the peaking effort as there is certainly something for everyone.

mugsyboges

No comments:

Post a Comment